Am enjoying my morning in Dr. Lee's office. Every now and then he attempts to go home to Singapore only to be foiled by volcanic ash and killer storms -
(let's hope he makes it this time despite the bombing in the Moscow airport where he changes flights - oh boy!)
I'm always honored to stand in for him while he's away. Lovely, kind patients and helpful staff. His office filled with Chinese culture and mysterious Kung Fu paraphernalia. I LOVE IT! At lunch time we all sit down and eat together - usually Chinese take out. Very nice to share and fellowship with like minded peoples. I have lots of wonderful memories of Dr. Lee's DoJo over the years: Tai Chi seminars with Kung Fu Hollywood type superstars, many joyful Chinese New Year celebrations, Tai Chi tournaments, relaxing acupuncture treatments,
(even though he kills me with the extra thick needles ;) - Being in his office is always like coming home. We are very fortunate here in Jacksonville to have him and his family living here. Access to world class tai chi/kung fu with a true, wise, kind hearted master. Ok ok. Is everyone getting how great this guy is.......????
Alright. Back on topic. I've got some information on my site about the recent scientific confirmation of the discovery of the acupuncture meridians. For the past 3,000 years, the theories of "pathways of chi" have been just that. Theories. Back in the 60's a north Korean researcher Kim Bong-han, (gotta love the name) found the meridians and issued an abstract. His claim however, could not be retested because he wouldn't share his formula for the dye he used to find the channels. So his theory was just that. More theory. Well, recently, a new dye was discovered that could be used to test out Bonghan's theory and it worked! The pathways have been found, and they correlate directly to the ancient acupuncture channels mapped out by the Chinese thousands of years ago. Pretty cool. In the past few years, research has exploded in both Koreas and in Europe. The implications of this find for bio-engineers is astounding to say the least. Here's what else they've found so far -
The official names for the channels are
Bonghan Channels (BHC) or
Bonghan Duct (BHD) or
Novel Threadlike Structures (NTS) ------ Really? how medical!
1. The channels wrap around all the internal organs and go into the brain.
2. The channels contain Hyaluronic Acid which contains DNA & hormones.
3. Hyaluronic Acid is a popular anti aging tonic. You can take it in pill form to help with lubrication for your joints or you can rub it on your face to get rid of wrinkles.
4. The channels have a peristaltic action - similar to your intestines.
5. Fluid in the channels moves at .3mm per second and travels 12 cm per cycle.
6. Magnetized nanoparticles injected at Liver 3, an acupuncture point on your foot, will travel up the channel to points further along the Liver channel, proving the channel connection between the points. Researchers are injecting nano herbs and nano drugs into them to see what happens now. Oh Boy. Here we go..... Gotta love being a guinea pig.
7. The DNA cells in the channels release bio photons (light) that transmit volumes of information from one part of the body to another. This confirms the acupuncture theory that needle or laser stimulation on the points control other parts of the body - particularly through the limbic and endocrine systems.
8. There is not much research going on this in the US. And we're so smart and cutting edge huh?
So - onward and upward. Any time an old doctor says they think acupuncture is a bunch of bahooy - we can now tell em to catch up on their research journal reading!!! Get with it everybody. Acupuncture ain't no ancient old timey medicine anymore. It's cutting edge. It's quantum charged. It's the future of medicine. And you heard it here. ;-) Bahooy this!